Evolution

▼

Focus on our 20 Trees

▼

Monthly Missions

▼

Plant of the Month

▼

Pages

▼

It's all about the colour


11c, northerly wind, rain.  Must be the first day of the Great British Summer!


The wall mangers are settling in and beginning to flower.


A beautiful white aquilegia amid a mound of white aubretia beside the pond.


The first bloom on the gifted rhododendron. I've noted tiny buds appearing lower down after we'd given the plant a hard prune to a number of its branches. This means I can safely repeat this to the remainder of the plant as a rejuvenation.









And finally. I've discovered the neighbour's large tree shedding flowers all over the Yen Garden is an aphid infested lime tree.  I discovered this while sitting quietly watching the sparrows and dunnocks pick over the dropped flowers. This little dunnock was quite happy to drink from the pool while I sat flicking greenfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment