The vaguely green-fingered thoughts of a rambling rose.

Cutting corners


One of the jobs to do this weekend was to prune the dogwoods.  This will now and forever be known as "cutting corners" as I was misheard earlier in the week telling someone that I was going to be cutting my cornus.


But what a beautiful day! After a foggy start, the sun cut through to provide excellent gardening weather.  Actually, it's so warm that forget gardening, it's sit with a cuppa in the garden weather! 


Our newest acquisition, the Acer Sangokaku has been planted in the Yen Garden.  We've put the lantern behind it to show off the crimson stems.


And so to the cutting of the cornus.  I had a bash at using the flexible pruned stems to create a plant support for some emerging tulips.  It's a bit rustic, but I like it.



The snowdrops are beginning to wane.



I titivated the areas around the pond and TMTC cut back to ferns at the back that I can't reach.  I have a cane that I use to twirl pond weed around to remove it from the water.








The Pink Garden is going to be reshaped.  The new outline has been marked.  TMTC will remove the bricks, build the new outline, remove the gravel and weed membrane, then dig over the soil (no doubt removing a tonne more bricks).  We'll add some compost and manure and plant it up over the next couple of months.


Maybe it should have a new name too...


No comments:

Post a Comment