Spring is a funny old bean. We had high temperatures at the end of March, followed by a cold snap with snow and a few days of miserable rain. Well ok, the rain is forgiven as they're expected "April showers".
The frogs had a right old time in our tiny puddle and while the first batch of spawn wasn't too impressive, several days later a massive batch appeared. Unfortunately it seemed to be filled with silt from the bottom of the pond and after a little research, we took the decision to remove the large frogspawn clump and keep an eye on it in a bucket.
Well both batches seem to be progressing nicely with the black dots now wee black commas so we took the decision to return the bucket load back to the pond.