The vaguely green-fingered thoughts of a rambling rose.

April. What a beautiful start to Spring


24 degrees Celsius this afternoon.  A gorgeous day for self-isolating...sitting in the garden with a cup of tea, listening to the birds.  A girl can dream.... I'm still working full time.  I did manage a walk during my lunch break without even a cardigan for the first time this year so not all bad.


The patio has had a jet wash, removing all the green algae that had formed over the wet winter we had.


And everything is emerging so quickly now that if you sat still for long enough, I'm sure you could see the growth. 


















I'm so excited about our wisteria (above).  Last year we had a solitary flower.  This year there are a great many more flower buds!  I only hope we don't get a hard frost.


Blossom on the cherry (prunus serrulata Kanzan) and apple trees.




The neighbour's acers are filled with bees collecting nectar from the tiny red flowers.

I love spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment