The vaguely green-fingered thoughts of a rambling rose.

Spring Fever


It's the weekend...and it's not only dry, but it's sunny and warm! 

We took a run out to a couple of garden centres before the rush of Easter to see if there were any bargains to be had. In particular I was after a large rustic heart to hang on the 'folly' door to break up the space, and a mirror of some kind for the darkest part of the pink garden. 

I came away with neither...not that I came away empty handed of course!


For the purposes of my painkiller-fuddled memory I have taken the following pictures:












All the above were destined for the pink bed. They are of course green and those with flowers will bloom white, but it's for balance to prevent the pink bed becoming like something out of a Barbara Cartland novel.


My role is mostly of a supervisory nature while my shoulder is still healing.  Photos I can manage of course, as well as assistance with weed identification. The Bumblebee has his plot to prepare, and The Man That Can is trying to eradicate chickweed....it's a huge nuisance in this bed.


All the plants planted, a good watering in and a mulch of bark, this bed is ready for inspection. It shouldn't take too long for all the other plants such as hosta, hydrangea and other ferns to leaf up as Spring settles in.


Bumblebee's plot is clear of weeds and ready for seed sowing.




Hebe 'rhubarb and custard' will be placed in the front garden. I think it will go well with h. 'black beauty'.


And finally this is Bumblebee's 'Star Wars' plant for the new patio.


I'll be glad when all the work has been done by the builders and the garden has been returned to us. It's going to be a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. Wowie just look at all those plants, I'm drooling. It's all looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete