The vaguely green-fingered thoughts of a rambling rose.

First dry day of July


Finally some drier weather has brought on some promised flower-power!

First the hanging basket.


Clematis  Comtesse de Bouchard. 



My "Colly-flower" rose peeking through a fern and white astrantias.




Pinks!


The hebe is coming into bud along with the prostrate campanulas.





The front garden is becoming a bit of a jungle!


This is really the only patch that isn't overgrown...this Lavender isn't quite the bee-magnet specimen I envisaged.


One clematis is doing well...the other not so much. I have a suspicion that the one below may have been damaged by either the local cats that use this gap as a route, or an errant ball. I'll see what happens later in the year.



The lilac hydrangea however is smothered in flowering potential!


Verbena bonariensis above, and hebe with hardy geranium below.


I can report that the bees are well and truly happy with my planting of the front garden!

I would like to wish any readers from over the pond a Happy 4th July.

2 comments:

  1. I really can't think of enough things to say about your garden, it's just so lovely all the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get paid to sit and enjoy it lol x

      Delete